Tuesday 29 October 2019

The Great Wall of Ramsgate and other Nine year old photos of Ramsgate, Broadstairs plus the usual

Starting with the Great Wall of Ramsgate photos of the paintings.









link to the rest of the Great Wall of Ramsgate photos of the paintings

The next ones are mostly Ramsgate Port photos from October 2010

link to the rest of the port photos

Next Royal Victoria Pavilion Ramsgate historic photos







a few Broadstairs photos from 10 years back here is the link


and as the poster said
Ramsgate Beach Cross here is the link

 Work wise here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate a busy day
The heading photo on the bookshop blog, which I have just seen, is a bibliophile's joke, or perhaps a philosopher's joke; if they have such things. Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder was to philosophy in the late 90s what Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance by Robert M. Pirsig was to philosophy in the mid 70s, type of kidney. An undergraduate waving Zen and the Art about during a philosophy lecture could give the lecturer a bad case of wosisname? 

link to the photos of the rest of the books we put out today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.