Thursday 17 October 2019

Your history, my day, our books?

 I think this Ramsgate photo is 1920s click a bit to expand before 1928 due to the absence of buildings no the East Pier in the background behind the lighthouse.



 Whoops dismasted








We started bookbuying in Herne Bay Demelza Hospice Care for Children Charity Book Shop it is due to move to a different site in Herne Bay, 163 High Street, the plan at the moment is to close in this site during the last week of October 2019 and reopen in the new site during the first week of November 2019.
We went on to Faversham today which is about 35 minutes up the road from Ramsgate. It makes an easy afternoon or morning out of Ramsgate we bought few books, enjoyed the architecture had lunch in Wetherspoons. Quick, cheap and reliable, the Faversham Socity charity bookshop closes at 4 and so we were in a bit of a rush.






















Back to work at Michael's Bookshop tomorrow
link to photos of the books that went out yesterday
Faversham is still hanging in there as a shopping town and a very pleasant place for a visit, parts of the experience are a bit like travailing back in time thirty or forty years.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.