Monday 16 December 2019

5 Mystery Photos, yesterday's answers and a few Ramsgate photos


 Question 1 do you know where in Thanet this is?
 Question 2 do you know where in Thanet this is? 
 Question 3 do you know where in Thanet this is? 
 Question 4 do you know where in Thanet this is? 
 Question 5 do you know where in Thanet this is?

yesterday's answer
Bit of a strange one this as several people in various Facebook groups claimed  with absolute certainty that this was Margate Fire station and not Ramsgate Fire Station, which it is.

Interesting additional information in the Facebook comments "Kevin Hoult This is behind the old  Ramsgate fire station and is only about 2/3 of the whole picture, both engines are complete in the original. The man on the far left is my granddad, Walter Revell, who was an auxiliary fireman in the 1930s and during the war."

Next the Ramsgate Photos from a few years ago, I think about 8 years ago my ever more security conscious cloud computing seems to have removed all of the camera details from the photo's properties.

I am doing my best with the blog, the mystery photos and so on, but I am very busy at the moment, so not devoting as much time as I would like and struggling a bit with doing the detailed research for the more interesting answers. 

I am trying to answer all of the comment on the various Facebook groups I link to, over 50 in 24 hours if the photos are interesting. Please remember that I respond to comments there normally using voice recognition on my phone, so there are sometimes errors, the most difficult thing though is reading anything written on the internet - from any sort of screen -  properly. No wonder we are selling so many paper books.

Here in the bookshop we have only had the time to photograph the local history books that we publish and sold today, so needed stocking up 


I don't expect there will be many people bringing them back after Christmas because they didn't want them, but if you give any so someone and they have already got one or some we are always happy to issue them with a credit voucher, or of course you can just give them one of our credit vouchers for Christmas.  
   




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.