Wednesday 18 December 2019

Mystery photos of old Thanet, The answers to yesterday's questions


 Question 1 do you know what the line of thingies going across Ramsgate harbour are?

  Question 2 do you know where in Thanet this is? the donkeys are the clue

  Question 3 Do you know where in Thanet this is?

  Question 4 can you name this Thanet pub?

  Question 5 do you know where in Thanet this is?

  Question 6 do you know which Thanet garage this is?

  Question 7 do you know which Thanet lifeboat this is?

  Question 8 Do you know which Thanet Road this is?

A busy morning and a quiet afternoon here at Michael's Bookshop where I work in Ramsgate.


The bookshop is closed tomorrow and we have a day off, the challenge of trying to get secondhand Christmas presents that don't contain plastic is starting to defeat me, so I am looking forward to it with mixed feelings.  

The answers to yesterday's questions
 Answer to question 1, The Iron Duke I think was the second pub in Ramsgate that I could get served in as a teenager.

 Answer 2
 a recent quick watercolour sketch and photo of the Red Lion


 Answer 3 I don't think anyone would have got this one link to pub history
 Answer 4
 answer 5
 Answer 6

Answer 7 a function at the Winter Gardens Margate
 Answer 8

Answer 9 as you see from the sign on the station Margate

2 comments:

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.