Tuesday 24 December 2019

Christmas Eve mystery photos all you would expect

A Happy Christmas Eve to one and all, we have just closed the bookshop and will be opening again at 10.30 on Friday. I do intend to try and do a Christmas Day post, family commitments allowing, so you should get the answers to today's mystery photos then and also another lot of new old ones.

A surprisingly ordinary Tuesday here at Michael's Bookshop where I work in Ramsgate, not particularly busy or quiet, mostly people buying books to read themselves over Christmas 

Question 1 which Thanet pub 

Question 2 which Thanet pub 

 Question 3 which Thanet Road

Question 4 Which Thanet Station

Q 5 which Thanet Road 

Q6 where is this Thanet Cafe

It may be me but I have had a particularly bad time with online shopping recently, both new and secondhand items arriving damaged, wrong. There isn't a lot in terms of alternatives as the only things I have ordered online just aren't available in shops.


Yesterday's answers 


 Answer 1, Grange Road Ramsgate Mill link to more information about this mill
 Answer 2 Marks and Spencer Ramsgate High Street, known in our family as Marks and Spensive. 
 Answer 3 King Street Ramsgate
here it is now


 Answer 4 Junction of York St, Royal Parade and Harbour Parade Ramsgate.
Answer 5 Walpole Bay

1 comment:

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.