Saturday 14 December 2019

Christmas presents, Mystery and Mysteries - Revealed? Some old photos

Do you know which Thanet Road this is?

















The main difference us with presents this Christmas is to do with the environment. we are trying to avoid buying or receiving anything made of plastic and we are trying to get secondhand presents for everyone. It's more of a challenge than you would expect.

Obviously running a secondhand bookshop makes things easier, but plastic - so much fabric is mostly plastic. Fortunately chocolate doesn't contain plastic and has been exempted from the secondhand rule.

Michael's Bookshop where I work is humming away at a sort of average for the time of year sort of level

link to the photos of the books that went out yesterday

Answers to the mystery photos in Wednesday's post

I don't think this site was taken over by Claxton's the 1929 Kelly's entries read
Claxton and Co Ltd engineers Clock House The Harbour
Claxton and Co Ltd engineers stores; 7 Military Road


  link


Here it is now

 This is the bit between York Street and Leopold Street in Ramsgate Wilkinson's now I think


 West Ham Convalescent home link  to more detail

St Mary's Chapel lychgate  next to Holy Trinity Northdown Cliftonville

1 comment:

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.