Monday 23 December 2019

Mystery photos yesterday's answers and I go for a walk in Ramsgate with a digital antique

1 which Thanet Mill?

2 Which Thanet Shop

3 Which Thanet Road?

4 where in Thanet

5 Where in Thanet

Some photos of my walk in Ramsgate this morning

link to the photos


For anyone interested in photography these were taken with my fourteen year old digital bridge camera, this camera a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ30 bridge camera normally just known as an FZ30 is the only non DSLR digital camera I possess which has analogue controls (knobs) for zoom, focus, shutter speed and aperture. 

Why would anyone use such an old camera? I guess mainly as it was designed to entice professional film camera users and comes very close to behaving just like a film camera in manual mode.

The idea being to go out and take some pictures that looked a bit different in some way, perhaps as though I had taken them with a film camera.
 red arrow points to the zoom knob, blue to the focus, green to the shutter speed and yellow to the aperture, hot diggery dawg.


A busy day here at Michael's Bookshop whereI work in Ramsgate

photos of the books we put out

Mostly topping up Thanet local history books as we were busy helping people to find books

Yesterday's answers


 Coronation Ballroom upstairs above Merrie England aka Pleasurama

 Marks & Spencer Ramsgate










No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.