Tuesday 10 December 2019

Mystery photos, questions and answers

Do you know what Thanet building this was?

Average sort of day at work here in Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate, it's good to do something you enjoy doing. Quite a few preschool children because of Ramsgate Library being closed.

photos of the books we put out today

A new shop in Ramsgate, Odin in his guise as a shop assistant perhaps.

some further mystery photos for the extra dedicated

 1

 2

 3

 4

5

Yesterday's answers
 So the main mystery photo answer is York Street Ramsgate, just before the buildings were restored
 It was cropped from this photo and you can see the concrete canopy in front of what is now Wilkinson's on the left and the Crown on the right.
Kerrs Garage 1960, cornet of Zion Place and Northdown Road
 Zion Place 1960
 Zion Place 1960
Pleasant Place. 1960
Zion Place. 1960s
Zion Place. 1960s

2 comments:

  1. shakespearpub moses shipyard and king george 5th park =3/4 & 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 is the Great Tree by Ramsgate Station approach! Not sure if it was called that back then though.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.