Saturday 4 July 2020

Do you recognise this Thanet photo? Today's walk photos and I get barred from We Love Old Ramsgate Facebook Group

Do you know where in Thanet this is? You can also add roughly when and where it was taken from

I wonder what I did to get banned from We Love Old Ramsgate Facebook Group, a bit rough on all the members who used to enjoy and comment on my blog posts that were linked to there. Perhaps one of the admins got one of the mystery photos wrong.

The answer to yesterday's photo
 easiest with a photo I took from the same spot yesterday
The tidal ball mast is visible in both photos, the old Foy Boat and the new one in scaffolding


 A windy day, reasonably clear as you can see from this ship on the horizon zoom picture

 good to see lifeguards back on Ramsgate Sands

The Pleasurama development is progressing fairly rapidly

another handheld zoom video today


sorry it's a bit jumpy

A couple of Facebook comments from people who can't get out for a walk at all, so here is
link to all of the photos on my walk today
I have even left in the ones where i missed the shot or the focus.

The camera today was my Nikon P610 which just fits in the pocket of my Barbour jacket, a piece of clothing that works well with weather like we have today. The snag is that if you wax it with Barbour wax it smell terrible, however I wax mine with Antiquax which works fine and smell OK.

I went right off man made made fibres years ago and with plastic pollution it was probably a good move. Waxed cotton is much cooler than plastic based fibers like nylon and polyester when it's warm windy and likely to rain.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.