Thursday 30 July 2020

mystery photo,answers, ramble.

Do you know where in Thanet this is and where the photo was taken from?

I have been tentatively thinking about the Manston Airfreight Hub and whether to make a contribution to funding the judicial review. My stance with this type of local fund raising is that it's generally best for the community if I put my money into local history publications and providing a bookshop fo Thanet.

I think the airfreight hub functioning at the level they intend would mean we would have to move to a different town, I don't think frequent noisy air freighters low overhead would work with the bookshop.

So any thoughts on this one gratefully appreciated.

At the moment the bookshop remains closed and will do so until we can safely make house calls and go through people's cars to look at the books they want to sell.

Yesterday's answer
   King George VI park Ramsgate

Large number of birds in the harbour this evening so a lot of photos to try and create an animation. Do feel free to download them and have a go yourself.

link to this evening's photos


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.