Sunday 12 July 2020

Ramsgate Westcliff on the busses photos, a vlog about photography,

Which Thanet pub, photographed this morning?

We walked from the bookshop, as we live in the flat above it, to Ramsgate Westcliff before lunch today. I snapped away with my Nikon P610 bridge camera so you can do the walk with us if you like.

here is the link to the photos



I should stress these are snaps and if you are looking for pro photography of Ramsgate, you are in the wrong place. I mostly don't stop walking to take them - I wandered about zooming and so on, the Nikon P610 bridge camera is about five years old - so something of a digital antique now; but I like it. It is just small enough to get in the pocket of most of my jackets, today the inside pocket of my Levis jacket - which is handy as you don't always want you camera dangling round your neck.


I am trying to film a daily weblog or vlog, one hit, no editing so here is today's. about photography and how cameras work,



The idea is to get fast and fluid at doing this. If I am going to do it at all then I just don't have the time for movie editing and retakes.

next the answer to yesterday's mystery photo
Truro Court Hotel on the end of Wellington Crescent



1 comment:

  1. My nan and grandad lived next door to the Bedford Inn the house literally next door in the 60s was such a tiny house with no bathroom and an outside toilet only bit chilly in the winter when visiting

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.