Friday 24 July 2020

Three mystery Thanet Photos and the rest as you would expect.

 q1 where in Thanet?

 q2 which Thanet pub?

q3 do you know what and where Air Ferry was and what happened to it?

Today's photos link

Ramsgate seafront, end of the Pleasurama site the zig zag top left is the entrance to the tunnel

The star reply on Facebook included this picture taken i the same place, well worth clciking on to expand, here is the dialogue.
Mary Price Here's one for you Micheal...same area, late 20s. My great grandmother with my aunt and two uncles.
Michael Child Mary Price is it ok to stick it on the blog as I have found if I put them in the main archive and on the blog they're still there 10 years later like one I posted when in fact all of the the historic photos I put up yesterday I first posted in 2010
Mary Price Yes, of course you can. My great grandfather was born in Ramsgate and in 1871 there were three generations there. Then moved back to London, but ever after the family holidays were in Ramsgate.



Draper's Mills, the big one in the middle was a water pump, they put too many sails that were too big on it so it didn't work for long.

It's the first day of masks in shops today, how did it go for you?

Personally I can't understand why the government didn't introduce this months ago it just makes no sense. The UK still has far and away the worst death rate per million of population for any major country, today's death toll 123 . When you look at the news you would think the situation was much worse in America however they are only 2/3 towards getting our death rate per million of population. I think the biggest factor in the UK was not stopping incoming passenger flights soon enough, most of the early infections came from people who had travelled back to this country from another country or directly from another country. Not just the cost in lives but the cost to our economy has been colossal and most of it not really necessary. I don't particularly blame the government I think the opposition and the media have been very bad too at not presenting sensible cases. People would understand messages like "If you don't social distance you will probably kill a nurse, doctor or care worker," something that I am very much afraid is probably true.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.