Friday 3 July 2020

Do you know old Ramsgate?

Do you know where in Thanet this photo shows? Anyone who want a bit more of a chanange the same view appears somewhere in the photos I have taken in the last few days, see if you can find it, here are the links.

photos 1

photos 2

photos 3

photos 4

Will you be going out to eat or drink from tomorrow? We still don't think it's safe enough to reopen Michael's Bookshop here in Ramsgate - apart from the obvious problem of not being allowed to buy stock because we can't visit peoples houses to buy book collections.

I'm very pleased the council have announced that they will close Harbour Parade to traffic, see article link  when it is busy the traffic makes in very difficult to maintain social distancing there now and that's with all the cafe culture closed.

This action well probably save people's lives, especially health workers and the vulnerable, it will also help reduce the likelihood of Thanet having to go into local lockdown.   


Answers to the last lot
 Ramsgate Government Acre, Bucket and Spade Run

 the photos above and below are of Margate Meltdown
 1934 Historical Pageant Ellington Park

 Ramsgate's maritime heritage has had a bit of a bumpy ride

 I was particularly annoyed when the heritage pontoons closed

Dancing Queen Broadstairs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.