Saturday 11 July 2020

Mystery photo, today's photos, Margate 10 years ago, masks for men vlog

Where was this Thanet Hotel and what was it called

We had a power cut, between lunchtime yesterday and lunchtime today, lasting for just over 24 hours. This meant my DIY around the flat over the bookshop was curtailed resulting in more walking about and more photos.

Please appreciate the snapshots I take when walking about are intended for people who can't walk about and future historical reference. There are also repeat shots for making gifs like
this one today.

this is the link to the photos of Ramsgate I took yesterday and today

here are the answers to Thursday's questions

 York St Ramsgate, soon to be York st Gallery

 Viking bay Broadstairs

 Westbrook

 Painted from outside the Queens Head Harbour parade Ramsgate

 Ramsgate Carnival

 Thanet at War Government acre Ramsgate above and below


 Walpole Bay above and below

Next Margate 10 years ago

link to photos of Margate in July 2010
With various studies saying face masks reduce the risk of coronavirus more than was previously thought.

link to one of the news items

BBC article today



more gifs






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.