Bathing machine probably Margate and I would expect before world war one as I don't think younger people had much interest in that aspect of modesty after the war.
Next one Boys brigade in Queen Street in the 1950s
Next one cranbourne place Margate.
Next one Ellington Road celebrating Prince of Wales visit 1922
Then a couple of random ones of vessels in the sea I think these are off Margate.
Then the Driot house damage from memory this was the 1897 storm but I may check later.
Then the phoenix inn I think that's Margate.
Then next Ramsgate mayor Harcourt Samual, usaaf and raf commanding officers take the salute at Ramsgate carnival 1962
Then sanger's grave in Margate cemetery.
Then soldiers at Westcliff road Ramsgate in the 1950s.
Then two of the Aqua Lovelies Ramsgate carnival 1966 these two show you how difficult it is for me to remember what I have already posted as the photos are so similar
Then I think this one is the Prince of Wales at government acre
And then one of the inside of Ramsgate town hall
This is all written with speech-to-text in between serving customers here at Michael's bookshop in Ramsgate and I'm afraid you will have to do your own corrections.
We are busy sorting out and pricing the piles of secondhand books that we have bought recently. So not much time for posting on social media.
My take here is that it is better to post the pictures with some inaccuracies than not to post them at all.
If you look at where I have posted on the local history groups you should find some corrections in the comments after the photos have been up for a while.







No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.