First one is the Ramsgate greyhound track it says 1928.
Next one brewers arms Margate.
Next one is the demolition of the water tower Victoria road Margate.
Next one is George V coronation party Central Road Ramsgate.
Next one is Marine Palace after the storm in Margate and 1897.
The next one is the tug Watkins on number one slipway in Ramsgate Harbour.
The next one is the tug Watkins in Ramsgate Harbour.
And the last one is the clock tower and Margate.
Sorry it's a bit of a random selection and of course for any mistakes due to voice to text recognition.
It's very busy for a Monday morning here where I work at Michael's bookshop in Ramsgate and I'm doing my best between a lot of local history questions and buying and selling piles of second-hand books.
I'm doing my best with the Facebook groups at the moment, I think I probably belong to too many therefore post to too many. From my point of view it means the posting takes too long so I think I'm going to have to work through them and if there are no likes or comments recently leave the group. Any thoughts from Facebook experts would be helpful on this.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.