Friday 22 September 2017

Ramsgate Harbour in the 1800s photo from the other end, spot the difference with the painting of the waterfront from The Royal to The Alexander from Pavilion, some out and about into the sun pictures of Ramsgate this evening.

I think this picture of Ramsgate Harbour probably dates from around 1890, the low level of water in the inner basin is probably because the sluices have been run to clear the silt from the outer harbour, the boats are fishing smacks.
The watercolour draft sketch is doing what they do, I hope to do a few more from the Pav before the the winter comes.
I thought a Teletubbies type sun over Ramsgate would be interesting and it proved difficult to photograph this is the link to the rest of this evening's photos

I have been catching up on emails and think I have done all of this month’s local history queries, so if you have sent me a local history question and I haven’t replied, please send it again.  

I am writing this post while cooking curry so it may be a bit disjointed, a busy day in the bookshop this is the link to the photos of the books we put on the shelves

An interesting thought on modern life and recorded music that having gone around the the whole loop of buying vinyl records, cassette tapes, and then c.d.s I recently bought a new album as a vinyl record.

I often buy secondhand vinyl records, but for the last, how long is it? I don't know. The new albums have been c.d.s, my thinking here is at least it will play,even if it gets scratched and it is difficult to misplace.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.