Thursday 1 February 2018

A few old Thanet photos and some phots of Chatham Town Centre today.

First the Thanet photos, click on them to expand them

 This is the Sands Station probably around 1900






We spent the afternoon in Chatham today, mostly shopping, this involves parking in the town centre £3.60 I think making for one of the Nucleus Cafés, Yorkshire tea and light lunch around £8 I think. And another Nucleus Café for Yorkshire tea and cake at teatime.    

The battle of learning the new cameras phone and bridge continues so the links to the pictures




2 comments:

  1. Lots of pictures of Ramsgate shops yesterday, but none of the outside of your own. Take some and apply a bit of constructive examination about whether it adds or detracts from the local landscape. You may see details via a photo that you are normally neglecting?
    Get a Loop bus at harbour and ride towards Madeira Walk, then look at your shop as the bus emerges from Plains of Waterloo directly opposite. Does its appearance make you proud? Would a stranger in town be tempted to enter and explore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There you go Colin, just been out and taken a photo of the shop which I have put at the bottom of the post, it is rubbish day and I note that someone has left something that the bin men didn’t take which I have reported.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.