Friday 16 February 2018

Belgian Café, the end of an era old photos Manston and whatnot


I don’t know what was the saddest, seeing the Belgian Café closed today or watching its slow demise. It once was our favourite place to go in evening. Often sketched there taken photos and so on, here is link http://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=belgian



Being in business I am only too aware of how tenuous a thing it is, how difficult it is to build up and how easily it collapses. The margin between the money coming in and going out gets trickier to keep as the years go by.

The first time I set up and opened a bookshop from scratch was in 1978 and it was so much easier then.

I did my best with the response to the Manston DCO consultation today, this was made much more difficult because of the rsp website being dysfunctional   






I think the rest are pretty obvious, this is the donkey stand at Newgate gapway in 1887

workwise the bookshop was pretty busy as it has been throughout this year, this is the link to the books that went out today



Food in The Pav Wetherspoons tonight, which was busy as usual
 I even got out for a short walk at lunchtime today, Ramsgate as you see being Ramsgate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.