Wednesday 14 February 2018

Old photos, RSP website problems and the fantastic Steven Alexander art exhibition.


I thought I would respond to the Manston Consultation today, it didn’t go well – the idea was to download their form and type in my responses between customers in the shop, attach the completed from to an email, job done.

Once downloaded I found the document is locked in some way that prevents you from writing on it. I emailed rsp who suggested the live online thingy at https://communityrelations.citizenspace.com/manston-airport/2018-rsp-manston-airport-consultation/ but I didn’t fancy that as I was doing a lot of other things as well and I wanted the whole document in front of me.

I already had the PIER open in tabs from https://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/manston-rsp-dco-2018-consultation.html so wanted something I could keep saving locally.

In the end I decided responding directly by email would be best and as the deadline is Thursday I applied myself to it.

Then I got to the Masterplan and the wretched thing wouldn’t open at all, not from my website, not from rsp's, not the file I downloaded Wednesday in Adobe, so I emailed rsp who haven’t replied.

Anyway several hours later I have managed to get the thing working at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TSrJ1OBAukVLkZxTj999klXT2po_t4Gy/view

The high point of the day was the Steven Alexander art exhibition at York Street Gallery here in Ramsgate. Not the easiest thing to photograph as a lot of it is glazed oils, but I did my best see https://thanetonline.blogspot.co.uk/2018/02/steven-alexander-retrospective-at.html

Relaxation now so here are the old photos, the writing on the back when there is any.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.