Tuesday 30 July 2019

Old Ramsgate and Margate photos, Paper Capers at Nice Things, bit of a ramble. recent photos

I'm doing my best to get something up on this blog today, I'm busy at work (Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate) customers and making more bookcases, busy at home, children on holiday.

Link to the photos for the last couple of days

Lots of local history related stuff in various inboxes, best send me a reminder if you think you should have heard from me.

Bookshop books wise two batches of books since I last posted here are the links

link 1    link 2

 I imagine that a lot of how busy we are is due to BREXIT affecting the value of the pound
It is a very good time for foreign holiday makers to shop in the uk and outright disaster in terms of what you get for the pound if you are going abroad. 

If you go to the bank to get your money changed for your holiday today it's pretty bad. Just over a Euro for a Pound.

 The photos of the Paper Capers exhibition at Nice Things Harbour Street Ramsgate are with the rest, click on the link above.

 This photo is Margate 1913





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.