Monday 8 July 2019

Sailing at Broadstairs in 2011 and Broadstairs in 1904 evening walk in Ramsgate, pictures and pictures

Broastairs archive photos are usually either very difficult to date or difficult to identify as being Broadstairs. 

This first group all come from a 1904 guide so you can be pretty certain the were taken around that time. To be honest nothing really beats coming into the bookshop and looking in the old guides and street directories but here is the link to where we sell the guide online which has a few more pictures from the guide.











 Margate
and Ramste at the same time

When you consider this next group of photos of Broadstairs were taken in 2011, you can see what I mean about the difficulties dating photos of Broadstairs that may have been taken between 1880 and 1930.

All of the photos were taken with my Pentax K-r which developed light sensor issues so they are mostly a tad on the dark side, sorry about that.








This is the link to the rest of the photos I took in Broadstairs that day in 2011

The results of yet another survey on the excessive use of smartphones has been published, this time it's university students targeted. Apparently they have found that this can lead to increased casual sex and drinking of alcohol. Putting aside my own experiences of education, which previously lead me to believe this would be impossible.
This is the link to the report
Pass the bottle - Bogart the...

I don't think the penny has dropped that age isn't much of a factor.


Here in the bookshop, what's your favourite book? Do you love books? Goodness knows what next. What don't you like? What do you hate? Sooner or later the existentialist comes to No Exit.
this is the link to the ones that went out on the shelves today 

What with one thing and another I didn't get out at all today until the bookshop closed, so?
Fortunately Ramsgate.
This is the link to this evening's photos
Snaps would be a better description, there is - however - a limit to the number of times I can take "are you sure you want to delete this item?" As if it is difficult to get it back from the recycle bin, perhaps the people who write the programs don't actually use them much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.