Monday 1 July 2019

Broadstairs and inside Dickens House Museum about 10 years ago a Map of Broadstairs about 150 years ago

 What's begins with M, makes you go red?  Embarrassing: that's the one.
The files say 30th August 2006, the camera a pentax ist DL, as you can see everything is not quite in focus, two of my children were four at the time, so I probably had issues.

I did a fair amount of slr and 2 1/4 photography in the early 70s I started with a Zenit B and soon advanced to a Nikon F, which got stolen from my Mk3 Cortina from Cambridge. 

DSLR photography is a different thing altogether and not something to learn with young children it tow.

Sorry the map is not very sharp and I omitted to record the date as this predates my interest in local history.

 Anyway that day probably in 2006 I snapped away in Broadstairs, bits in the camera.
 mostly with the exposure too dark
sloping horizons, you name it and I did it. Fortunately I didn't delete the pictures 

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Workwise here at Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate
link to the books we put out today
it seems to have been Monday morning all day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.