Sunday 14 July 2019

Archive Ramsgate, Margate Thanet photos click to expand them, my day Canterbury photos

 Starting with The Golden Eagle paddle steamer
 A Thanet tram
 Margate Lifeboat slipway construction

 Milton Sq Margate

 Urchis
 Margate Jetty




 Thames steam Yacht 1815, this was the time that they first ran from Tower Bridge to Margate


 Digging out for building Margate Winter Gardens
 Margate Lighthouse leaning after the 1953 storm, before it was demolished and rebuilt




 This is Ramsgate Town Hall built in 1839 I think it says 1846 Queen St on the right
 This is a photo of the same town hall
I think this is the town hall before 1836







 I think think may be the market under Ramsgate town hall



Book-shopping in Canterbury for Michael's Bookshop in Ramsgate today, Chaucer Bookshop, Catching Lives Bookshop, Oxfam Bookshop although Burgate Bookshop was closed for some reason, and I didn't get to Waterstone's on time thinking it closed at 5 when it is actually 4.30 on sunday.

link the photos of the books we put out in the bookshop yesterday

  I did a little bit more to this watercolour sketch over lunch in Chocolate Cafe took some photos
link to today's Canterbury photos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.