Friday 19 July 2019

Ramsgate and Margate Archive photos and minor ramble

 I've been making some extra bookcases in the bookshop again today, during a fairly busy Friday customer wise, the other workers got some books out.
here is the link to the photos of the books
and got some more of the inside of the shop window frame painted.
 After work and expecting rain we managed to get supper and the Royal Victoria Pavilion and I manage to get a bot of watercolour painting before leaving early to avoid most of the rain.

I have an XXL waxed jacket which covers me and the gilet which holds camera, A3 sketchpad, paints brushes and while it makes me look a bit like a biped tortoise but mostly keep everything dry.

I think the picture above was taken around 1928 from the sundeck of the Royal Victoria Pavilion from the same spot I was painting this evening.
 lots of photos today and no time to edit here it the link long day
hand held zoom animations are a bit hit and miss

the results can be a bit limp and queasy, but you do need a lot of photos to even consider it.

 note the old Queens Head in this picture and the top one taken in the 1800s



















1 comment:

  1. Hi I was wondering if you have any photographs taken by John Crowe Twyman or of himself, 1818-1886. He lived at 36 High Street Ramsgate. Any information would be of great help in building my family tree. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.