Tuesday 24 September 2019

Continuing yesterday's Thanet Field-Path Ramble from 1904 and a bit of a ramble from me.













I suppose that like most people I am looking on at the situation that occurs when a fairly old democracy like ours experiments with government by referendum with bemused interest.

With an aging population I think a referendum to to double the old age pension funded by increasing VAT by 10% i.e. making everything 10% more expensive would be just as contentious if the result was very close. For the most part I guess like the BREXI referendum the way you vote would depend on how old you are, this is a link to one of the articles explaining this  and I guess if you reject all cookies you won't have to pay to read it.

It is looking increasingly as though multi millionaires who have gambled on a no deal BREXIT causing economic collapse may have to hedge their bets.

This is not so funny if you are running a business like I am, my issue is mainly how many of my customers work for companies that would have to relocate to europe.

The other side of this coin is that secondhand bookshops should manage OK if we have a serious recession. Our Prices start at 5p for paperbacks and 10p for hardbacks an aspect of the bookshop we have expanded recently in anticipation.

not sure how my new phone will manage with this but the photos should expand enough to read







The truth of the matter is that there are a lot of good titles that we are reluctant to send for recycling if we can upcycle them. 

Back to the the cheap smartphone and cheap pay as you go with internet, this is using Argos to buy a Moto G7 Play  for £130 and Giffgaff £10 per month for unlimited calls, texts and 6GB of internet per month.

This can be done cheaper, I know I go on about this but I am very concerned about the people who are getting left behind with ITC

link to the photos I took with the Moto G7 Play phone camera this evening

I haven't looked at them yet, I was interested to see how it handled zoom, fairly low evening light and most of all snap shots which I take without stopping walking.

Here in the bookshop I have mostly been trying to catch up with local history related emails and am sorry if I haven't got to yours yet. It was a fairly quiet day so a fair amount of books went out for sale including some good Thanet local history ones.

link to the photos of the books we put out today  

My verdict on the photos is acceptable, so I will stay with this phone for a bit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.