Thursday 12 September 2019

Old Ramsgate, Margate and Broadstairs postcards, painting, shopping and photographs in Canterbury today.

 The old postcards are some next to my desk photographed today and on the camera card with the rest which if I held the camera steady will be best viewed from there
here is the link
 As always with this method you get what it says on the back too
 We bought a few books out and about today
this is fairly typical, first out the shopping trolley

 my favourite

 I guess you could say a JWM Turner first edition
 Although it is more the other RA artists that captivate me



Still on the book front

link to the photos of the books we put out yesterday

a large local history content again.

With a lot of the East Kent local history books the prices are falling quite a bit at the moment. With Thanet ones we have to get ahead of the internet and reduce the prices based on multiple copies being offered to us.



A couple of good Broadstairs ones here, unfortunately I have been removed from the main Broadstairs Facebook group , not sure what I did but I guess it was bad.This means I can't link the post and therefore the reasonable definition photos to there.

With this watercolour from the pavement outside Chocolate Cafe I have tried various approaches to the cathedral, this one involves making it twice as big as it appears. I'm interested in any thoughts on this.

to me it's very dominant in this view and if you paint it the size that it it really is...
I would like you to fully appreciate what I mean by painting from the pavement

Later I went clothes shopping



White Stuff have got the message,seats free drinks, i am writing this sitting in a reasonably comfortable seat while listening to a lecture about Seneca the Younger drinking coffee

Shopping (which I don't understand is occurring around me)

I think I could just about paint a watercolour in here if shopping became an extended activity.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.