Friday 20 September 2019

Phone shopping humiliation, the usual old and new local photos plus some of today in Canterbury

Outside of buying books, which I have had plenty of experience of as I buy on and offline nearly every day I don't much like shopping. I would say phones are the worst now. Back in the day I made some sort of living buying books from one bookshop and selling them to another and the humiliation when selling to some of the bookshops around 1970 probably trumps anything you would encounter today.
 Amazon in particular, somehow I get tricked into buying the wrong item far more often than I would like. In a general sense Amazon are usually in the right and it is me that is technically in the wrong, but whether when you go to buy a banana if you don't concentrate really hard at some point it turns into a potato is a good long term business strategy is another matter altogether.
 So to cut a long story short I now have a moto g 7 play, it's better than expected but it doesn't have otg which is pretty much essential to my winter blogging activity.

In other respects it is proving to be a much better phone than expected

Link to some photos taken with it
Work wise a steady sort of day during which we bought about the same value of books as we sold
here is the link to the books we put out today
but yes a pleasant day at work in the bookshop today
Canterbury yesterday
link to Canterbury photos
nice day out buying books with a bit of painting
Living at the bottom of Plains of Waterloo we had the experience of having the building that exploded being demolished all night. I wonder how long leaving a vehicle engine running even with an emergency vehicle is seen in the same way as drunk driving. It probably kills far more people. 

Here are the camera card photos overnight and today

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.