Saturday 28 September 2019

Turner Prize 2019 at Turner Contemporary Margate, other Margate exhibitions, Margate regeneration and wosisname

Margate for this year's Turner Prize finalists, and well, Margate, for those who aren't art enthusiasts.
JWM Turner was sent to school in Margate when he was eleven.
This is a sketch JWM Turner made of Margate's Lower High Street. I would guess with a quill and coloured with watercolour.

I took the bus from Ramsgate to Margate and got off at the top of the High Street.

I walked down the High Street visiting various galleries and cafes taking about 400 photos on the way, at one point I did a bit of watercolour sketching.

this is the link to the photos

Good exhibitions? I though so. If you are interested in art I think you would find a day out in Margate rewarding. Has Turner Contemporary pulled it off? I think so too.

Margate High Street has improved since I last visited, probably turned the corner.

The next lot of links take you to the photos I took of Margate High Street in 2011


http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/MargateHighStreetMay2011/id5.htm

Work carried on at Michael's Bookshop
link to the pictures of the books that went out today




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.