Friday 21 February 2020

6 Mystery Photos, yesterday's answers, possible ramble, out and about with me in Ramsgate today etc


q1 where in Thanet

Q2 note the height of the Ganville tower, when did they lower it?


q3 where in Thanet

q4 where in Thanet

q5 where in Thanet

q6 where in Thanet

Busy day here at Michael's Bookshop where I work in Ramsgate

Photos of the books we put out today


A few adverts from the 1867 Ramsgate Guide








Out and about photos

Art under £100 is still on at Nice Things Harbour Street Ramsgate but some things have gone and some other things have come so I photographed it again







Adrian Lloyd at York Street Gallery in Ramsgate,









Ramsgate Town Centre is still having a bumpy ride, it looks like one of the greengrocers is pulling out.
but on the other hand 
 The whole old Lewis and Hyland block is being regenerated


Yesterday's answers

 1 Hippodrome Theatre 1964 Cecil Sq Margate
I had it's ups and downs and was eventually demolished to make way for Margate library It first opened in 1898 at a time when buildings were designed to have a large staff on very low wages living in conditions of what we would consider poverty in some ways.  

 2 Pegwell

3 interesting to look at this one on Google maps and drag the spot under the little man to the junction so you can see the building now.

Bit of a ramble now


Looks pretty important doesn't it, logo of the scales of justice, supreme court ruling visible on the unopened letter, funny though

This is the logo of the UK Supreme Court, reading through the blurb which looks like I need to take urgent action to protect my business. This is just spam trying to get me to buy admission to a seminar.

Apart from  saying to readers here. "Be as careful and suspicious with post and phone calls as you would with email." We are now boycotting all the businesses that spam us with misleading information.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.