Thursday 20 February 2020

3 Mystery photos, answers to yesterday's

 Q1 What and where in Thanet.

 Q2 Where in Thanet

Q3 Which Thanet Grocer and where in Thanet

The other day one of the mystery photos was of Removing the WW2 defences on Ramsgate seafront, so here are a couple of pictures of the defences in place




I wonder if the Ramsgate Flyer got from Ramsgate to Margate faster than the bus does now.

On to the answers

1 Steamroller Elephant Hill c1910 aka Fort Hill Margate

 2

3

The last two pictures come from the 1890 Ramsgate and Broadstairs guide we publish, worth coming to Michael's Bookshop here in Ramsgate and giving it a browse if you can't here is the link 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.