Wednesday 19 February 2020

236 Photos of Thanet Trams, 3 Mystery photos, Tuesday's Answers, and Snow.


q1 where in Thanet.

 q2 where in Thanet.

q3 where in Thanet.

Day off tomorrow but having seen the forecast I think I will start decorating the fourth bedroom in the flat above the bookshop. Work today at Michael's bookshop, well it was busy before the weather closed in so a fair bit priced and put out this afternoon.
Link to the photos of the books we put out today


starting with Thanet Trams, these 2 links take you to full size uncompressed photos published on the Michael's Bookshop website.

Link to Thanet Tram Photos page 1

Link to Thanet Tram Photos page 2

This link takes you to the same 236 photos published in a more conventional way on Google's photo sharing website. I should be interested to know what people prefer with a view to the way I publish photos in the future.

Yesterday's Answers

A 1 Westbrook Tramshed

A2 Library at Saint Augustine's Abbey Ramsgate (opposite Pugin's Grange)
E G Wastall & Co, Thanet Brewery, Camden Road, offices at 61 Queen Street, Ramsgate, Kent.

Established 1851.

Acquired by W Williams May 1889 from Ingold & Lewis. Williams & Co in receivership 1890.

Bought by Wastalls who were wines and spirits merchants in 1895.

Brewed for private trade with no licensed houses and ceased brewing after 1906.

Ten years ago in February 2010 we had snow here in Ramsgate
Links to the rest of the Ramsgate 2010 snow pictures 
Link 1             link 2              link 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.