Friday 7 February 2020

Ramsgate weathervanes to identify, some thoughts on Harbour Street and anything else I can think of

1 Do you recognise this Ramsgate weathervane

If you stand by this lamppost in Ramsgate you can see several weathervanes, and if you have a camera with a long wosisname you can zoom in on them, which I did. So can you identify the the other weathervanes photographed today from the same place.

 2

 3

4


Harbour Street next
 The closed schoolwear shop is going to open as a convenience store very soon
 Costal Bar is due to open this evening
 work is moving along to turn what was Celandine Hall into a cafe and offices

Here at work, Michael's Bookshop Ramsgate I have been doing my quiet time of the year stuff
  new header board over the craft an engineering section, I guess it's labels for it next.

link to the photos of the books new in today

Nice Things in Harbour Street has a Mencap exhibition





Worth a look if you are in that part of the town.

 No change with the closed Daily Grind yet, I guess a lot of the problem there was the very difficult shop front.

on to yesterday's answers

 The one that proved very difficult was All Saints Birchington, Dante Gabriel Rossetti who had a bungalow at Westgate is buried there

 The other one was St Laurence Church Ramsgate


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.