Monday 11 May 2020

Do you know old Thanet again 4 mystery photos and the other stuff

 Question 1 where in Thanet

 Question 2 which Thanet venue

 Question 3 which Thanet butcher

Question 4 where in Thanet

A few Ramsgate photos from ten years ago, the should expand if you click on them




















Yesterday's answers
 This became the County Roller Skating Rink and is now Petticoat Lane Emporium

 Shields Dane Road Margate near the Shell Grotto was opposite the gasworks, the building is still there.
This was the difficult one.

On to the pandemic.

Still the worst figures for any large first world country.

I don’t think it would be difficult to isolate regions of the UK and with a mixture of proper testing, very strict government control backed with intense law enforcement and invasive use of smartphones, get the country running normally within a very short period of time, a couple of months perhaps.


Obviously the people with substance issues and those with mental illnesses that prevent them from using a smartphone would need looking after. Obviously we would have to sacrifice civil liberties, but compared to so many people dying and collapsing the economy...

From Simon Crow

Latest C-19 Death Rates by Country
Here is a similar chart to my previous daily posting, comparing the daily death rates per capita for the same six countries and also with 7-day moving average. Only difference is that it shows actual dates rather than 'days from first reported death'.


Click here to update table below  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.