Saturday 16 May 2020

Do you know old Thanet? and the other stuff.

 Q1 do you recognise this Thanet pub?

 q2 Do you recognise this Thanet venue which is being demolished in the photo?

 Q3 relates of these four photos of Fairyland, once a significant Thanet attraction, do you know where it was?


Sorry about not posting much but I have been busy and have hardly looked at the internet this week, I guess I am expecting a long hall with coronavirus and am setting things up to fit in with that.

I think it fairly unlikely that we will be able to get the bookshop open again until sometime next year, certainly not before October. One of the main problems with a predominantly secondhand bookshop would be buying people's books. Another side of the coin is that we run the bookshop because we like doing so and not because we have to and I don't see turning up at people's houses in some sort of amature PPE as being much fun.

One of the things I am doing at the moment is pursuing my interest in physics and so I am modifying my study so that I can do this better. Unlike most sciences the electronics and electrical side of physics can be done at an ordinary desk, with some minor modifications.

I am particularly interested in anomalies in electromagnetic theory like Faraday's Paradox and in electronics some of the things where the explanation at a quantum level doesn't quite make sense to me.

Answers to my previous post's quiz.



 This is a milkman, Butcher's Dairy, probably Margate

Yesterday's pandemic figures below. Today's are also very bad here is the link it's very hard to know what to say, you can see what the UK should be doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.