Tuesday 12 May 2020

Some Thanet mystery photos, a Map of Kent in 1801 yesterday's answers and the rest

 Q1 Thanet trader, do you recognise what he sells?

 Q2 do you recognise this well known Thanet pub?

 Q3 Where in Thanet

Q4 where in Thanet?

easy to use map of Kent doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment
Here is the link to it

yesterday's answers


Eastmans 92 High St, Margate The young man on the left is John Court


On to the pandemic

After today's announcement by the government saying the furlough scheme is to be extended until September, I am expecting the bookshop to be closed until at least then. Frankly without intense testing, strict control, invasive use of smartphones, a large invasion into our civil rights, I don't think we will see much change, even by then.


From Simon Crow

Latest C-19 Death Rates by Country
this is from a bbc article click here to read it 




Click on this link to updater the WorldOmeters table below 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.