Friday 8 May 2020

Do you know your old Thanet Shops another mystery object ? Thursday's answers

 Can you name this Thanet Shop and do you know where it was?

 Can you name any of these Thanet shops? and do you know where they were?

Do you know what this early piece of technology is?

I have been busy doing odd bits of DIY and playing about with electronics, both things I find relaxing and distracting enough to take my mind off the current situation.

When I started playing this game back in the 1960s it was pretty much all valves 

As a sort of mechanic I was spoiled for a bit in around 1970, with state of the art tec in academia

Later in the 1970s industry mostly used stuff like this


Now going over it again, relearning things I had forgotten I am struck by just how difficult it is to learn with the scale of the experimenters kit today.

You can see what's there but not in an easy way in terms of thinking about what's going on.

Wednesday's answers


Man of Kent top of Margate high St






we are still in a very bad way as a country 

Simon Crows latest graph

I think a lot of the problem is that the people in charge have great difficulty following the science, to be honest a month of really strict regulation coupled with a comprehensive testing program and we could get going again.

As it it is a huge amount of people are dying while the economy is falling apart.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.