Sunday 17 May 2020

Do you know your old Thanet pubs? is it 2Q20? What is the mystery object?

 Thanet Pub 1

 Two photos of Thanet Pub 2


Thanet Pub 3

Question 4 what is this mystery item.

Next yesterday's answers

 Hare and Hounds Margate Road Ramsgate

 Demolition of The Granville Ballroom

 Clifton Baths, later The Lido Cliftonville


If you are familiar with modern literary fiction or magic realism or just an avid reader then you are probably familiar with Murakami's 1Q84, a parallel word where things are slightly different to 1984. Just now it seems to me that 2020 has become 2Q20 and I am waiting to wake up in the old normal world. It's not just coronavirus but Boris, Trump, BREXIT, climate change. Today is theoretically Sunday, which should be my day off, perhaps a bit of painting in Canterbury, maybe a bit of time in the Cathedral. As it was I put up a venetian blind in the kitchen, with a sort of feeling that the venetian blind may no exist in 2020, if I return there.

The coronavirus figures

1 comment:

  1. Really like the pictures, it's only as I mature that I really appreciate history. Enjoyed reading your write up too! Where are your blogs have searched and you are a man of mystery.... hope to see and read more soon

    ReplyDelete

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.