Monday 23 February 2009

NEW SHARPS BOXES INTRODUCED

Thanet district Council press release

New sharps boxes have been placed in a number of toilets across Thanet for the safe disposal of safety pins, razors, diabetic needles, syringes and other sharp objects.

One box has been installed in the male toilets and one in the female toilets at the following locations:
Buenos Ayres, Margate
College Walk shopping centre, Margate
The Centre, Margate
Harold Road car park, Cliftonville
St. George’s Lawn, Cliftonville
Cavendish Street car park, Ramsgate
Harbour Parade, Ramsgate

Community Safety Officer Jess Bailey said: “Every week, sharp objects are found unsafely discarded in public places, with the council’s Waste and Recycling team responding to any calls where needles or dangerous sharp objects have been found. It’s hoped that by installing these community boxes, it will help to reduce the amount of discarded sharps.”

Helpline numbers have also been put on the sharp boxes for the Kent Centre for Addiction (KCA) Thanet for anyone with a drug problem who wants help. They can be contacted on 01843 298355 ext. 201.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.