Thursday 23 April 2009

Are Thanet District Council massaging complaints figures?

I am trying to find out if Thanet District Council is massaging its complaints figures as I made a complaint using their online complaints form in February that hasn’t appeared on their list of complaints on their website.

Click here for their February figures at the moment like the question about life the universe and everything the answer is 42, that is 42 complaints for the month.

I wonder if anyone else who reads this blog has complained to the council about anything in the last year, if so you can check it was recorded by clicking here and going to the bottom of the page where there are a series of links to lists of complaints for the months they were submitted in, would appreciate it if anyone finding a complaint they made doesn’t appear on the list would let me know.

It is always difficult to say with the council and their use of the internet if it’s just another of their series of errors or if they are genuinely using it to conceal information and deliberately publishing misleading figures.

When I email their IT department pointing out errors to them I often don’t receive any reply so it is difficult to tell if they have received the information or not.

The amount of council workers time that must be wasted because they don’t publish documents in the public domain as a matter of course must be colossal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.