Monday, 20 June 2011

Broadstairs Dickens Festival Pictures


With the very uncertain weather and primary school children I was limited by what I could cover this weekend, I did manage to get a few snaps of the Dickens Festival in Broadstairs yesterday afternoon.

The links to the pictures are below:


with a few shots of on the way in and out of Broadstairs here.


This festival is on until Friday and I will try to get some more if I get a chance.

I am sorry that I didn’t manage to get to Margate and photograph the big event, hopefully plenty of other people have and lots of pictures and videos will appear online soon.

A considerable problem is one of cameras and water, covering an event like this I would need to take three cameras with me, one ordinary one (the one I used to take the Broadstairs pictures with) one video camera and one with a long lens on it to take pictures of the planes with.

I had the one with the long lens ready and every time I saw a plane I took some pictures of it, this would have been effective if I had been in Margate, however as you can see the pictures of the Red Arrows performing over Margate, taken from my garden in Ramsgate ate not really very effective, here’s the link.


this is made much more difficult because due to the time sound takes to travel you don’t actually hear them until they have gone.

Anyway my point here is that if you are carrying all of this photographic equipment it is beast to avoid heavy rain, what with that and my children wanting to dress up as Dickens characters I had no hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note comments that may be libellous, comments that may be construed as offensive, anonymous derogatory comments about real people, comments baiting internet trolls, comments saying that an anonymous comment was made by a named real person, boring comments and spam comments, comments in CAPs will be deleted. Playground stuff like calling real people by their time stamp or surname alone, referring to groups as gangs, old duffers and so on will result in deletion. Comment that may be construed as offensive to minority groups is not allowed here either, so think before you write it, remember that the internet is a public place, that it is very difficult to be truly anonymous and that everyone who uses it leaves a trail of some sort. Also note the facility to leave anonymous comment will be turned of during periods when I am unable to monitor comment, this will not affect people commenting who are signed on to their blogger accounts. When things are particularly difficult on the commercial spam front I may turn comment moderation on for periods.

If you feel that someone has left a comment that is offensive and directed at you personally please email me (link on the sidebar) asking to have it removed, you will need to tell which post and the date and timestamp of the offending comment. Please do not reply to the offending comment as I will assume you continuing the dialogue as meaning that you want the comments left there.