Monday 20 June 2011

Broadstairs Dickens Festival Pictures


With the very uncertain weather and primary school children I was limited by what I could cover this weekend, I did manage to get a few snaps of the Dickens Festival in Broadstairs yesterday afternoon.

The links to the pictures are below:


with a few shots of on the way in and out of Broadstairs here.


This festival is on until Friday and I will try to get some more if I get a chance.

I am sorry that I didn’t manage to get to Margate and photograph the big event, hopefully plenty of other people have and lots of pictures and videos will appear online soon.

A considerable problem is one of cameras and water, covering an event like this I would need to take three cameras with me, one ordinary one (the one I used to take the Broadstairs pictures with) one video camera and one with a long lens on it to take pictures of the planes with.

I had the one with the long lens ready and every time I saw a plane I took some pictures of it, this would have been effective if I had been in Margate, however as you can see the pictures of the Red Arrows performing over Margate, taken from my garden in Ramsgate ate not really very effective, here’s the link.


this is made much more difficult because due to the time sound takes to travel you don’t actually hear them until they have gone.

Anyway my point here is that if you are carrying all of this photographic equipment it is beast to avoid heavy rain, what with that and my children wanting to dress up as Dickens characters I had no hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.