Saturday 6 January 2018

Painting in Wetherspoons Royal Victoria Pavilion in Ramsgate, and further Manston Rambles.

There were various things I probably should have done today, apparently the bookshop was busy but I have to fess up to skiving orff – bad boy.
The first sketch was from the balcony into the ground floor of the pavilion, perspective wise this looking down business is something I find very difficult.

Breakfast and unlimited coffee £5, I can't stress how fast it came, how good it was and how attentive and courteous the staff are. I discussed this with with several other customers there an the consensus was the best Wetherspoons they have ever been to.

By about 11.30 it was stand up now or need help later, so toddles off for a bit 

What is wrong with this pedestrian crossing? - it takes so long to change that cross is the operative word, I have to put my hand up to 3 counts of J walking today.

When I got back around 1.30 the Pav was pretty much full, a couple stood up to leave and so I sat down and settled for continuous tea, I think the Wetherspoons at Ramsgate's Royal Victoria Pavilion is the only one where they don't trust the customers enough to put out a pot of teabags, I asked for extras and was handed three conspiratorially.


Sound cancelling headphones, Radio 4, 4 cups of tea and then the light went. around 3.30

A naughty day and very enjoyable 

Back to 1913

RSP have published their Statement of Community Consultation at http://rsp.co.uk/documents/rsp-documents/06-statement-of-community-consultation-2018/ obviously just looking at the document you can see there have been internet publishing issues, blank pages, colour testing for the web publisher which shouldn’t be visible.  Also instead of a conventional html page it has been published as a pdf which views in most browsers but only has the normal features of a webpage when downloaded as a file. Essentially a dogs breakfast, so whether this is it’s final form and whether it’s complete and as whoever wrote it intended is anyone’s guess. I am assuming it will be improved at least to the extent that the blank page after the header is removed so people realise that it contains text under the header picture.

Anyway init RSP say they will be writing to everyone in Ramsgate [population 40,000] inviting them to attend a 1 day consultation session in at a venue that holds about 50 people.


So when you get one of these through the door you may wish to respond online.  

I have strong reservations about the way this DCO is being conducted but as there has never been a DCO for airport expansion before there isn’t much in the way of bumph to get some sort of idea how it should be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.