Friday 19 January 2018

Nikon Coolpix P90 test photos today in Ramsgate

I took my new secondhand camera out for a short time after lunch as the sun was out as I think I have pretty much mastered putting it on infinity while on auto.

This involves having the dial on top on auto and pressing the button on the back with the macro (small flower) symbol on it, which gives you a menu of, Auto Focus, Macro and Infinity. I’m a bit hazy about when this goes back to AF on its own or if it stays on infinity until you turn it off, I don’t think it does. 
 When I bunged the card in the computer some of the the pictures I had just taken (from King St and Harbour St seemed to be missing) this first one is from Harbour Parade
 An into the sun shot there too, to see what happens
 This is no zoom and you can see the gull, zoom victim on Pizza Express
 2 zoom shots hand held, camera on infinity focus wise




 the lion on the Queens Head next


 a bit hard to hols it still with this much zoom on, but as you can see the image stabilisation wosisname works fairly ok

 next the statue on the Pav
 One fuzzy and one sharp

 take my word for it there is a fishing boat on the horizon


 an issue with this sort of zoom is atmospheric distortion

 the picture above is no zoom the one below just enough to show there are ships on the horizon


 to be fair you couldn't really be certain this was a ship whit the naked eye

 the tower of the Ganville from the harbour wall picture above, no zoom





 I then realised there was more than one ship out there




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.