Sunday 7 January 2018

Bagpuss and stuff today in Canterbury + a few old Thanet pictures



I painted a bit more of my watercolour of the martyrdom in Canterbury Cathedral.

 various attempts to photograph what I am trying to paint were not really very successful 
 I realise now, having got back to Ramsgate, that using the width of the letterbox format, uased sideways above could have improved the panoramas below


After this I encountered what appeared to be an exhibition focused on one of my literary heroes Bagpuss, the photography went a bit critical at this point, all at the bottom of the post for any like minded.

On to Chocolate Cafe 

  Started sketching out the window until the sun came round and shone in my eyes, tried wearing sunglasses which didn't work very well but produced some interesting window effects.

so painted the person sitting in Pork & Co.





 This is Margate Station

 And these two apparently Margate harbour



Found a few local transport related picture for my blog followers to look at 

Back to work in the bookshop tomorrow having take two days off this is the link to the books that went out 























































No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.