Saturday 23 June 2018

Dear Ada, Dent-de-Lion Garlinge I.o. Thanet in 1907 and a ramble

 Dent-de-Lion gatehouse, a building that dates from around 1400 as the postmark is 1907 photographed before then then.
This is the link to the English Heritage Listing  

My ongoing issues with technology, first it was phone issues, then desktop and laptop well now the car has gone into limp mode, what can you say? I ain't fighting it and went to Canterbury by bus.

I hadn't bargained with the heater being turned on, on the bus, both way - probably the same bus.

When I arrived in Canterbury - in limp mode I went straight into McDonalds and used the technology to order a 99p ice cream - McThingy wiv Dairy Milk; I flopped onto a seat outside and tried to draw
  My felt tip pen had dried up
off to the Beaney, expand anything that catches your eye
















They have an exhibition about Ladybird Books



I went on too the art shop and then armed with a brand new felt tip pen to Chocolate cafe

once again expand anything that takes your fancy Ada









Bus drawing is an unusual skill

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.