Tuesday 12 June 2018

Pleasurama update and a few old and new pictures

Click on the pictures to expand, my guess is that this Ramsgate Sands photo was taken around 1950

This Margate one says 1953 on the file

photos today

Walking down Bellevue Road Ramsgate I noticed what looked like a lightship on the horizon
Zooming my camera as far as it will go

well not really far enough, it never is, but it looks like the East Goodwin

Pleasurama today the first real sign of a change in direction


they are using a digger to move the mountain of chalk that has been there since around 2010, the chalk is being spread out and some of it is now going over the foundations that were put in in 2010.

There is this rumour that they intend to build out the apartments once known as Cardy's Condoms and not build the hotel. Can this be right? I suspect the council knows what's going on.

Here is the link to the rest of today's photos apologies for the rather lazy approach of copying them from my camera card to my website.

Here is the link to the books that went out in the bookshop a few A & C Black colour plate books from around 1900 for anyone who collects them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.