Sunday 30 June 2019

Folkestone the Red Arrows photos, Rupert Annuals, Watercolour Painting and the usual stuff

The Photos of the Red Arrows along with all of the photos we took today can be seen by clicking on the
Link to today's photos

Folkestone is one of our favourite towns within an easy drive of Thanet, reasonably good for bookbuying, art galleries, and shopping.

It's the shopping side that really makes the difference, if you have children and young adults with you as the normal chain shops form part of their leisure day, a bit like some watercolour painting forms part of my day.
 I bought three Rupert Annuals, 1947, 1948 and 1949, these were still wartime economy editions so paperbacks that now sell in the £15 to £100 ball park, depending on the condition they are in.


and a Monster Rupert

hard to find in dust jacket without the cut outs, cut out.

Part of today's books to keep Michael's Bookshop, where I work, here in Ramsgate stocked up
Link to the books we put out yesterday
for the dedicated bookshop followers.

I did a bit more to my watercolour painting of Folkestone, while enjoying a late breakfast at Chocolate Cafe.

Finally a few Thanet photos foe my local history enthusiasts
 Red Arrows at Manston in the 1960s
 float planes in Ramsgate Harbour at the start of WW1





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.