Monday 3 September 2018

East Kent Critic for August 1979 + this and that; name and address supplied

Once again if you click away on the pictures of the pages another East Kent Critic this time for for August 1979 for those who had difficulty clicking etc yesterday This is the link to it on an ordinary website   in good old www. and https:// for the more cautious









Publishing stuff to the internet I never know how best to do it. Obviously if I had published the pictures of the pages directly to Facebook they would have been very difficult or impossible to read. Here on blogger you do have to click on them a couple of times to make them big enough to read, bookshop website is much more direct, the internet like it used to be?

One thing that struck looking at the adverts is how a few giant manufacturers have conned us over clothing, more women than men I guess. Back then one of main aspects of out on the town clothes was wearing something different to everyone else, hence the boutiques, the trips to Carnaby Street and as for showing the labels...

If you are interested in the Manston Airfreight hub DCO you can now register an interest and if you have you should have got confirmation from pins, here is mine:-

"From: Planning Inspectorate Projects
To: michaelchild
Sent: Mon, 3 Sep 2018 15:44
Subject: Registration for project Manston Airport with the Planning Inspectorate

Planning Act 2008: Receipt of Representations

Thank you for submitting your representation on the application for development consent by RiverOak Strategic Partners Ltd for Manston Airport.


Your registration identification number is ******** *******


The next step is that RiverOak Strategic Partners Ltd must certify to the Secretary of State it has complied with its notification obligations. After this the Secretary of State will appoint the Examining Inspector(s) responsible for examining the application ('the Examining Authority' ). The Examining Authority will then carry out an initial assessment of the principal issues arising on the application by 29 October 2018, which is 21 days after the last day for submitting representations. 


Once that initial assessment of issues has been done we will write to you again. That letter will provide the name(s) of the Examining Inspector(s) appointed to be the Examining Authority and confirm (where relevant) your status as an interested party, unless exceptionally your representation has failed to comply with mandatory legal requirements. In the event that you are given Interested Party status, I can assure you that your representation will be considered by the Examining Authority. All Interested Parties will also be invited to attend the Preliminary Meeting and will have an opportunity to make representations about the procedure for the examination. 


Please also note that the representations received will be published on the project page of the Planning Inspectorate's website as soon as practicable after the applicant has certified that it has complied with its notification obligations.

If you did not make this registration then please ignore or delete this email or call the Planning Inspectorate helpline on 0303 444 5000 for more information.

Yours sincerely





Planning Inspectorate

Temple Quay House

Temple Quay

Bristol

BS1 6PN

Telephone: 0303 444 5000


Website: www.planningportal.gov.uk/infrastructure

Summary of your details:
Michael S G Child
Michaelsbookshop.com, 72 King Street
Ramsgate
Kent
CT11 8NY
United Kingdom
01843589500

Your representation:
My representation will progress as I read the documentation. I have already been in email contact with pins about submission document issues. I am hoping that when/if RSP publishes the application documents on their own website, the content of the application will be navigable and searchable.

At the moment I am looking into the particulate air pollution issue and it would appear that RSP have used the dispersion to background pollution level for 10 micron particles when considering particles that are less than 2.5 microns.

Obviously this would be much easier to be certain of if words like particulate, air and pollution were searchable within the application.  

An alternative here is that I could download the whole application and re publish it online, index it and then I would be able to search it using my smart phone"

Here in the bookshop work continues and this is the link to the photos of the books we put out today

An eclectic batch and I would think fairly typical of a day's sales in the bookshop 
  
I did skive off for Lunch at the Royal Victoria Pavilion aka Wetherspoons
 Did a bit more to one of my watercolour sketches from there
I have added a photo for aspiring critics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.