Tuesday 4 September 2018

Newgate Gap Shelter Photos and a moan

's a funny old thing with bookshops, but the day after the end of the school holidays, I could have said the first day term, but obviously that was a teacher training day, is generally one of the quietest days of the year. 'm an experienced shop assistant so I bunked orf to Spoons aka the Pav to paint a bit more picture, the long one that is,
not sure about any foreground. Anyway painting away I started to get wet - under one arm; evolution?


I think it was some aspect of automated gardening. Natural history is a bit of mystery to me, however I am pretty sure I don't have to be watered, so I went inside
and sketched there instead. Brunched and went off to pretend to work.

I am starting to encounter a sort of techno rip off where people are being sold ITC related contracts where they really just don't understand what they are buying or whether they need or will even use what it is they have signed up for.

There is some controversy because TDC want to demolish Newgate Gap Shelter and I was involved in some of the dialogue on Facebook and having put some pictures of it on Facebook and found they had been made too small to be useful I published them full size on the bookshop website and put a link to the page in the comments in Facebook. Facebook then delete the comment with the link in it without telling you. Here is the link to the pictures 

I think there is an issue here, by this I mean that if you use a social media site like Facebook responsibly and it deletes your comments automatically then there should be an option for the site to notify you when it deletes your comments.

Ramsgate pictures






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.