Sunday 2 September 2018

East Kent Critic September 1969, ramble Thanet school pictures

click tap wosisname to expand so you can read it










Folkestone today, bought a few books for the bookshop and potential reading matter as I am running out of Haruki Murakami books to read. I have pretty much read all of his fiction which is in the “Magic Realism” ballpark in the same sort of way that John Fowles, Angela Carter and Nicholas Mosley are, but of course not.

With various local issues open to input from local people this month I have been doing a bit of preparatory research. The local plan, the port and the airport, spring to mind here.

As a member of The Flat Earth Society, Australian division – incognito I have been all for building an airfreight hub recently, I am looking forward to both sacrificing part of my life and contracting dementia which RSP RiverOak say in their documentation will happen due to the particulate pollution generated by burning more than 10,000 tonnes of kerosene on the ground in Thanet every year. There is also useful business of having to build housing on prime farmland because of the council deciding to keep the Manston Airport site for aviation use, I am hoping that when we get things the right way up a lot of the UK’s food will be imported from Australia and New Zealand.

Anyway I have been trying to find out on Facebook the reasons other airfreight hub supporters are prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for import/export and have discovered that some of them also “don’t believe in climate change” which I think may be some sort of avant garde religion.

The summer being mostly over with the children back to school next week and winter on the way I am hoping for a bit more on the gentle relaxation front at work. The life of a secondhand bookseller can be hard at times.


Note the East Kent Critic book in the bookshop post




Strange business The East Kent Critic, written by one of our Labour councillors and financed partly by our Conservative MP




 oct 14 1923 scouts outsidr rtyc
nov 13 1921 scouts mayors dy chc parade st geo ch
scouts mayors parade 1947 car park  elms ave queen st
mayors parade 1947 high st rg goulden and wind picture ho at left






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, since I started writing this blog in 2007 the way the internet works has changed a lot, comments and dialogue here were once viable in an open and anonymous sense. Now if you comment here I will only allow the comment if it seems to make sense and be related to what the post is about. I link the majority of my posts to the main local Facebook groups and to my Facebook account, “Michael Child” I guess the main Ramsgate Facebook group is We Love Ramsgate. For the most part the comments and dialogue related to the posts here goes on there. As for the rest of it, well this blog handles images better than Facebook, which is why I don’t post directly to my Facebook account, although if I take a lot of photos I am so lazy that I paste them directly from my camera card to my bookshop website and put a link on this blog.